If you are looking for a good carrier oils list, you have certainly come to the right place. I’ve got over 35 of them listed out below.
Carrier Oils List
- Apricot kernel (Prunus armeniaca)
- Avocado (Persea americana)
- Argan (Argania spinosa)
- Baobab (Adansonia digitata)
- Black currant seed (Ribes nigrum)
- Borage (Borago officinalis)
- Calendula (Calendula officinalis)
- Camellia (Camellia sinensis)
- Castor (Ricinus communis)
- Carrot seed (Daucus carota)
- Coconut (Cocos nucifera)
- Cucumber seed (Cucumis sativus)
- Evening primrose (Oenothera biennis)
- Flaxseed (Linum usitatissimum)
- Grapeseed (Viti vinifera)
- Guava Seed (Psidium guajava)
- Hazelnut (Corylus avellana)
- Hemp Seed (Cannabis sativa)
- Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis)
- Macadamia (Macadamia integrifolia)
- Marula (Sclerocarya birrea)
- Meadowfoam (Limnanthes alba)
- Neem (Azadirachta indica)
- Olive (Olea europaea)
- Passion fruit (Passiflora incarnata)
- Pomegranate Seed (Punica granatum)
- Prickly pear seed (Opuntia ficus-indica)
- Rosehip (Rosa rubiginosa)
- Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius)
- Sesame (Sesamum indicum)
- Sunflower (Helianthus annuus)
- Sweet almond (Prunus dulcis)
- Tomato seed (Solanum lycopersicum)
- Tamanu (Calophyllum inophyllum)
- Watermelon seed (Citrullus vulgaris)
- Wheat germ (Triticum vulgare)
Each carrier oil has its own unique properties and benefits.
Some are thick and very moisturizing like avocado and wheat germ oils. Others are so light and fast absorbing like jojoba oil and cucumber seed oil. Some can cause you to break out and others work wonders for your skin.
So you really have to patch test, monitor and experiment with carrier oils to choose the best oil for you.
I should also say only plant-based oils are given in my carrier oils list.
Why Carrier Oils are Important
For the aromatherapy and essential oil newbies, you should know carrier oils are important.
By themselves, you can use carrier oils to moisturize your skin and prevent wrinkles. You can also use them to quickly heal any cut or wound you may get.
But the most important way to use carrier oils in aromatherapy is to dilute essential oils. Carrier oils ensure you can safely use essential oils on your skin. Or in the bath.
Without carrier oils, essential oils can damage your skin really badly.
Don’t believe me?
Check out my post about ways you shouldn’t use essential oils. It’s a real eye opener.
When you’re done with that and this list of carrier oils, head over to the essential oils list.
And don’t forget to have fun with your oils!